Crab Linguine with Spring Onion and Ginger
Spring is well on its way at last! With the nights getting longer, the days getting brighter and a little increase in the temperature, we thought we’d give you a nice fresh and flavoursome dish to put a spring in your step.
- 5 cooked crab claws (stripped)
- 35g Linguini (cooked)
- Spring onion
- Flat parsley
- 1/2 lemon (zest)
- Crab bones (broken)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 1/2 fennel (diced)
- Fennel seeds
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml stock
- 100 ml double cream
- In a small pot add crab bones, oil & bring to high heat.
- Now lower heat add shallot, ginger, fennel, fennel seeds & garlic cook until soft.
- Add wine & reduce by half, add stock add simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now pass through a sieve add stock back into the pot add cream and reduce until thick.
- Now add pasta, crab, ginger & zest. Garnish with spring onion.