A nice stretch in the evenings means you want to do more with your time – well I do anyway! So why not do a wee bit of baking. Guaranteed to put a grin on your face and make your house smell amazing.
- 125g strong bread flour
- 20g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 7g yeast (dried)
- 10g soft butter
- 75ml warm water
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 15g soft butter
- 50g mixed sultanas
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- In a mixing bowl place on dough hook, now add flour, sugar, salt, yeast, butter and warm water mix for five minutes.
- Now knead for a further 2 minutes, place in an oil bowl and rest for 1 hour in warm area covered.
- Roll into rectangle rest another half hour.
- In a small bowl mix butter, sultanas and cinnamon sprinkle over dough.
- Roll dough cut into 2 inch deep, place on tray brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for 20 minutes @190c
- Bring sugar & water to a boil until syrup and brush over cool Danish.