Chocolate and Raspberry Torte
- 60g raspberry purée
- 100g dark chocolate (73 percent)
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 leaf gelatine
- 25g caster sugar
- Over a Bain Marie melt chocolate gently without stirring..
- Soak gelatine in cold water and squeeze of water when soft.
- Now add purée to chocolate and stir now add gelatine place over heat until gelatine has melted (do not stir until gelatine has melted)
- Whisk egg whites with caster sugar until stiff peaks, now fold into choc/rasp mix.
- Place on top of sponge base which has been sprinkled with raspberry liqueur.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving with fresh raspberries & vanilla cream.
- 2 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 10g coco powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- In a mixing bowl add sugar & eggs whisk until three times the volume.
- Sieve together flour, coco & soda and fold in gently too egg mix.
- Place into a lined non-stick baking sheet and cook @170 for 20 minutes.
- When cool cut into rounds and place on bottom of case tin.